For times where you can’t book a week-long vacation but needed a break from your normal life routine in the Metro, the nearby provinces offer a handful of choices for a quick travel that’s budget-friendly. One of them is Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort in Indang Cavite. If you’re a nature lover, this resort will definitely meet your level of adventure.
The thought of soaking in the therapeutic natural mineral water with a panoramic view of the forest and to swing on a rope tied to a tree then jump on the river made me grab my backpack, kidnap my best friend and went to a mini adventure!
LOCATION:Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort is located In Purok II, Kaytambog, Indang, Cavite almost 57 kilometers away from Manila.
How to go:
1. From Makati we took a bus with a signage showing Dasma/Palapala and we asked the driver to drop us at Waltermart Dasma.
Fare: Php 49.00
Travel Time: 1hr & 30 minutes
2. From Waltermart Dasma we took a jeepney with signage showing Indang and we asked the driver to drop us at Saint Gregory Parish Church.
Fare: PHP 30.00
Travel Time: 1Hr
3. Ask the locals where the tricycle terminal going to Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort is and they will direct you to the Federation of Indang Terminal. There’s a big signage so it won’t be hard to find.
Fare: PHP 13.00 (special: P36.00)
Travel Time: 15 minutes
Going back to Manila:
1. There are tricycles waiting at the entrance of Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort. Just ride a tricycle going back to Saint Gregory Parish Church.Fare: PHP 13.00
2. Take an air-conditioned bus bound to Pasay in front of the church. Fare: PHP 70.00
The resort was crowded when we arrived. Since the travel wasn’t planned at all, we were not able to make a reservation and since it is a weekend all of the rooms and cottages are already booked. However, we were allowed to have a day tour instead and stay in the pavilion together with those who were not able to get a room. Since we were left with no other choice we paid the entrance (P150)and enjoyed the facilities for the entire day.
There are four tables with bamboo set chairs in the pavilion and we are lucky that there’s still one unoccupied when we got there. We brought some food with us but there’s a restaurant inside the resort that sells food for an affordable price. And you don’t have to worry about your belongings as you can leave it inside the Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort admin office and they will provide you a claim stub.
They have two infinity pools, one pool for kids and one for adults and you can also swim in the river.
Fees and Rates
Child – 100
Child – 150
Good for 10 persons – 800
Kubo with Room: Good for 4 persons – 2500
Good for 8 persons – 4500
Open Cottage: Good for 10-12 persons – 400
Good for 15-20 persons – 600
Big Kubo: Good for 45 persons – 4500
Good for 75 persons – 7500
Tree House: Good for 4 persons – 2500
There’s an extension wire in every cottage so you can charge your gadgets. Videoke machine can be rented fora day use and barbeque grill can be borrowed if you want to grill some food. However, if you opted not to cook, there’s a canteen inside where you can buy foods and drinks.
The weekend isn’t a recommended days of the week to visit the resort as it gets too crowded. It took us some time before we are able to take some good pictures with fewer photo-bombers. Make sure you make a reservation before going to avoid the hassle and to make sure you have a place to stay when you get there.
Villa Filomena Natural Spring Resort Phone Number: 09052634243, 09391136257