I’ve always been interested in seeing Crystal beach as I’m enthralled by the Facebook photos posted by several people who visited the place. And when I got there, the place did not disappoint. The whole place is well maintained and the receptionists are very accommodating. It has a long stretch of white sand that’s perfect for outdoor activities like camping and beach sports and for basking under the sun. A perfect place for some good quality beach time.
Among the cluster of popular beaches in Zambales, Crystal beach is the most popular not only because of its close proximity to Manila but because of its lovely beach that’s suitable for surfing and its long shoreline with a line up of pine trees that will bring you closer to nature.It’s just 4 hours away from the Metro and is located in San Narciso, Zambales that can be reached thru a bus bound to Iba or Sta Cruz, Zambales. We traveled by a private vehicle but I have done some research on how to get there via commute from Metro Manila.
How to get to Crystal Beach Resort
Public transport: The victory liner stations in Cubao, Pasay, Caloocan, and Sampalok has an early trip of 5 AM bound to Iba or Sta Cruz, Zambales. Get off at San Narciso where you can take a tricycle to Crystal beach resort. The place is popular so you can tell the conductor and ask for direction. The bus fare to San Narciso is Php277 and the Tricycle to the resort is just Php15.
Private Vehicle: Take Balintawak exit to NLEX and then exit on SCTEX on the last tollgate and take the route going to Subic/SBMA. At SBMA tollgate, turn right on Rizal Highway heading to Zambales. parking is not a problem since they have plenty of parking slots to offer.
Accommodation in Crystal Beach Resort
Rooms: Upon entering the resort, you will be welcomed by the receptionists. If you made a reservation, checking in is easy and they will guide you to your rooms. An airconditioned room that’s good for 2 people is Php2,500 and there will be a charge for extra person/beddings. Room rate varies from Php2,500 to Php6000. The accommodation comes with free breakfast. Standard check-in time is 2:00 PM.
Note: There will be a Php1,000 security deposit for every room accommodation. This is refundable.
Camping: However, you can experience camping by the beach inclusive of breakfast meal and a complete set of beddings (mat, pillow, blanket, and toiletries)for just Php1,998 inclusive of taxes and fees. There are common toilet and bathroom that you can use.
Note: If you opted to bring your own tent, you just have to pay the entrance fee and Php250 consumable of food and drinks. That will save you a lot of money.
Day Trip: The entrance fee for a day trip is Php500 and Php150 of it are consumable at the restaurant. You can stay from 6 AM to 6 PM however if you stay beyond 6 PM, you will be charged Php100.
Crystal Beach Resort is Instagram worthy. Apart from taking tons of pictures, you can go surfing, swimming, camping and enjoy the sunset view. The sand is not too coarse so you can play volleyball and other beach sports. Surfboards are for rent for Php200 an hour with an instructor and the lifeguards are on duty to ensure safety.
The beach bumming area of the resort.There are cabana-styled huts that provide the much-needed shade during the day.
- The waiting time for the food to be served takes an average of 30-45 minutes so I suggest you order first before moving around. The food taste is average for a reasonable price. You can order at their restaurant for a decent food for just Php100- 300. A bottle of beer is php80. There are smoothies and ice cream available at the restaurant but a bit pricey so I suggest you look for vendors roaming around the resort selling popsicles. Major credit cards are accepted.
- If you opted to bring your own tent, you just have to pay the entrance fee and Php250 consumable of food and drinks. That will save you a lot of money.
- Be ready to wait and fall in line as the bathrooms and showers get really crowded because of the capacity of guests they accommodate. However water pumps are available all around the resorts for washing.
- If you want to connect to a WIFI go to the reception area and the restaurant.
- It is better to buy drinks at the restaurant because of the corkage fee of Php50 per bottle of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- If you want to save you can eat outside of the resort as there are stores that sell food for a cheaper price. And if you are renting a room it is better to bring your own cooking set.
- Bring your pets with you. Pets are allowed to enter the resort for free.
- The place is bustling with guests so expect some people would be extremely loud especially at night when they are having drinking sessions.